Policies & Waivers
The safety and grooming experience for your pet is our top priority. We are pet first aid certified and operate in a fear free environment for pet's and their groomer. Every effort will be taken to make sure your pet has the best experience possible. We know grooming can be stressful for some pets, we work one on one through the entire process to ensure they are comfortable from beginning to end.
Booking & Appointments
· We are only servicing clients on a consistent schedule of 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks depending on the breed of dog.
· We highly encourage customers to pre-book their next appointment as groomers book 6-8 weeks out continually.
· Appointments are booked in time slots appropriate for the selected service and breed/size.
· We consistently try to send out reminder texts the day before an appointment, but they are not guaranteed.
Cancelling Your Appointment
· We require 48 hours notice to avoid a fee, genuine extenuating circumstances will be pardoned.
· Appointment times are incredibly valuable to both groomers and their clientele, this ensures there is adequate time to find a replacement for the time slot.
Rescheduling Your Appointment
· If you need to reschedule please note we book a minimum of 6-8 weeks in advance and there is not a lot of wiggle room to reschedule a day before or after. We would have to reschedule to the next available day which could mean a 6-8 week wait.
We have linked our service agreement below. Please review, sign and send in.
· Consults are recommended for any new client.
· We truly want to get to know you and your dog so we can give you the most accurate evaluation on what kind of service you are looking to book.
· Consults are the most accurate way of receiving an exact quote.
· Consults allow you and your dog to meet your groomer and establish a connection.
· We REQUIRE consults for the following breeds: Lagotto Romagnolo, Chow Chow, Samoyed, Malamute, Akita, Bouvier des Flanders, Rough Collie, Eurasier, Komondor, Newfoundland, Puli, Tibetan Mastiff, Old English Sheepdog
No Show & Late Fees
· No show to an appointment with no notice will generate a fee of 100% of the groom price and there will be a
non-refundable deposit to rebook their next appointment.
· Consistently late check-ins of 10-15 minutes will result in a fee being added after the third occurrence.
· More than 10 minutes late could result in rescheduling and a fee priced at the groomers discretion to rebook.
extenuating circumstances will be pardoned
· Groomers have the right to refuse to groom a dog based on compatibility and temperament.
· If a dog exhibits dangerous behaviour to itself or the groomer the service will be stopped.
· If the dog exhibits high anxiety that poses a risk to their health or becomes a hazard the service will be stopped.
· Temperament will always be discussed between the client and the groomer to ensure transparency and to allow for a plan to be formulated for future appointments.
· In order to maintain a safe, comfortable environment, we require all pets to be current on their rabies and parvovirus vaccinations and to wait at least 48 hours after any vaccinations before checking in. Proof of rabies vaccination in the form of paperwork is required.
· We highly recommend your pet be vaccinated against Bordetella, this vaccine is optional, however we cannot be held responsible for exposure to unvaccinated animals.
· Dogs In Heat · We do not groom dog's in heat as it can be stressful and uncomfortable for them. Dog's can be more irritable and the grooming process is generally more difficult. Other dog's in the salon can also react to the scent of the hormones. We recommend waiting a minimum of two weeks after any discharge before grooming.
· Pregnant Dog's · We do not groom pregnant dog's. Grooming is stressful and could cause a risk of miscarriage.
· Show Dog's · If you have a dog being shown for points we can only offer a bath and brush service. Any trimming or clipping we recommend referring to the breeder and/or handler.
· Show Clip's · We do not offer show clips. We can modify show clips to suite a pet style, but if the dog has the potential to be shown we recommend having the grooming needs assessed by the breeder and/or handler.
· Touch Ups · If you find there needs to be an adjustment to the groom, we are happy to do any touch ups. We allow 48 hours after the groom took place for complimentary adjustments. If it has been over 48 hours there will be a touch up fee priced accordingly to how much adjustment is made.
· Non-Owner Drop Off · If you are having someone else drop off your dog for grooming please make sure you allocate time for a phone call so we can discuss what type of service/haircut. We often have a series of questions especially for new clients to make sure we are producing the best service.
· Pre-Existing Medical Conditions · If your dog has any medical conditions please make sure the groomer is fully aware of the extent. We have a medical waiver that is required to be signed with any dog that has pre-existing medical conditions.
· Ear Plucking · We only pluck ears when asked to do so. We will only pluck for maintenance, if your dog has excessive build up or deep condensed hair, we recommend having your vet alleviate the build up and we can continue to maintain.
· Extremely Matted Ears · Ears can often get mat's tight enough that it cuts off blood circulation. Once this occurs, it is a very delicate process to relieve the ears of the matting. Often hematomas will occur even with as much precaution as possible. If the ears are too tight we will recommend seeking out a vet to shave the matting.
· We are taking every precaution to keep staff and customers safe.
· Sanitation and cleaning procedures have been implemented according to Health Canada regulations
· Curbside drop off and pickup can be arranged at back entrance.
· We ask that if you are feeling ill or exhibit any symptoms to please let us know immediately so we can reschedule your appointment without penalty.
· Groomers experiencing symptoms or feeling ill will be required to stay home and adhere to the public health regulations at the time. Cancelling of appointments will be done with as much notice as possible. Rescheduling will be done as soon as possible and with precedence in according to day and time cancelled. Groomers will reschedule based on their next availability (this could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks), patience and compassion with these extraordinary times are truly appreciated.
Insured and Bonded
Ontario Dog Groomers Association Member